Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Inner monologue

"Bread and coffee.  Bread and coffee.  Bread and coffee...wow - how much are those planter pots?  They're beautiful!  Oh - too much.  I bet I could find those flowes at Lowes.  They always have good flowers.  What did I need again?  Right - bread and coffee.  Bread and coffee.  Bread and....are we out of batteries?  I just got the AAs; do I need Cs or Ds?  Hmm..better check before I buy.  Bread and coffee.  Bread and coffee.  Bread and....Score!  Food sample!  Mmmmmmm....this bread is so good.  I wonder what butter they use?  Oh man, I remember that Irish butter I tried once.  Where was that?  Oh - here's my bread.  Two loaves, $3.99.  Better get four.  I can't believe how fast we run through it these days.  Maybe I should get more?  Wait - where am I going to put 6 loaves of bread?  Four is fine.  Got the bread; what else? Right - coffee.  Coffee. Coffee.  Coff....pork tenderloin, $3.00 off total price.  Ok.  So $3.00 off means that each pound will then be....am I dividing or....$3.00 off, 7 lbs, so I can divide it in half for two meals with leftovers for about $7.00 a meal.  That'll work.  Back to coffee.  Coffee.  Coffee.  Juice?  We need juice.  Nope - Giant had better prices this week.  I'll run over there tomorrow.  Coffee.  Coffee.  Coffee.  Wow - look at those strawberries!  This seems early in the season to have those out.  $6.49 is a great price for 2 lbs.  The kids will be happy.  I could use them for that dessert I have to make too.  When was that?  Hmm..what else do I need?  Maybe I'll do an appetizer instead.  I've been doing lots of sweets lately.  How much flour do I have?  Ok - back to coffee. Coffee.  Coffee.  Coffee.  Ooo, we're out of peanut butter. What row is that in?  Eh, only Jif.  I thought they carried Skippy.  I like that Skippy.  I really like that Peter Pan.  Have I ever tried the Planters kind?  There was a coupon in the paper last Sunday.  I should try it.  Oh wait.  I think we did try it.  Did I like it?  Why don't they carry Skippy here?  I'll check Target later this week.  Mmm..I love those frozen spring rolls.  The last time I got them, though, everyone loved them at the store and couldn't stand them once we got home.  Fickle kids.  Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.  Ah ha - coffee.  $12.99.  This should last us a while.  I wonder where those strawberries are from?  I bet they're from Chile or something like that.  California?  Huh.  They really are huge.  I can do those for lunch tomorrow.  Ok.  To the checkout.  What did I need again?  Oh right - bread and coffee.  Good!  Now what was it that I was thinking about for dinner tonight?"

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I probably would have gone home without the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi, that's hysterical and so true. 24/7 in the mind of a mommy...

    ReplyDelete